GMK KITCHENS: TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Quotation is valid for 30 days from quotation date; manufacturing time is 20 working days for Melamine units. Manufacturing time for veneer and duco units is 30 working days.
2. Payment terms Deposit equal to 60% of the total quotation cost payable on placement of the order.
A further 30% is payable on completion of installation. Balance of the account must be settled upon completion of snagging. Client need to submit a list of snags in writing within seven days, GMK Kitchens need to solve the snags within 14 days of receiving the snag list
3. The order will be made up in accordance with the design accepted by the customer. Changes made afterwards will be for the account of the customer.
4. If the dimensions are given by the customer, the customer holds full responsibility for the correct fitting of the order.
5. A quotation will remain a quotation until the official contract is signed and in possession of GMK Kitchens.
6. Although we take care during installation, we will not be liable for accidental damage to the customer’s property.
7. Proof of deposit must be emailed to GMK Kitchens before work will be started.
8. All goods manufactured by and / or goods purchased from GMK Kitchens remain the property of GMK Kitchens until full payment has been received.
ENSURING A SMOOTH INSTALLATION
We strive to ensure a smooth, trouble-fee installation through effective project management. Bearing the following in mind will help us achieve this:
- You are welcome to contact your consultant with any queries during the installation.
- You will be required to sign a new plan and contract if there is any additional work required or any changes that need to be made regarding the installation of your kitchen.
- Installation cannot commence until the 40% commencement-of-installation deposit has been paid.
- Please keep in mind that there will be a delay between the installation of the carcasses and the installation of the granite.
While you are renovating, please ensure that the following are complete before the commencement of installation:
- All plumbing and electrical work needs to be complete before the installation commences (even if you are only replacing worktops).
- We unfortunately cannot undertake to do any plumbing or electrical work. Our installers are not qualified for the connection or disconnection of stoves, sinks, etc.
- Please advise us if you need us to remove existing cupboards, etc. We are unfortunately not able to remove tiles.
FROM THE GROUND UP
If your cabinets are installed in a newly-built home, we have a few additional requirements to ensure that the installation process can be completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Screeding of the floor should be done.
If applicable, tiling should be finished.
Ceilings should be installed.
All Rhinoliting should be completed.
Windows (with glass) should be installed.
Doors should be installed.
Plumbing and electrical points should be working.
Not all standard bedroom cupboards have backings. Please ensure that the walls behind these built-in cupboards are painted before installation.
Please notify us if there is no power available on the site, as well as of any delays that may arise.
Please remember to make appointments whenever you wish to see any of our consultants as they may not necessarily be in the office or available for consultation.
Please ensure that the site is lockable.
Copyright ® 2020 – GMK Kitchens, a division of GMK Group (Pty) Ltd.